Marriage Green Cards

It seems like everyone I know is getting married these days. Wedding bells are ringing for couples all across the United States. My wife and I even got in on the madness when we were married last year. The wedding planning, registering for showers, and picking out invitations is enough stress for anyone. Some couples have even more pressure added to their lives because one of the spouses is not a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) or United States Citizen. This little wrinkle should not add more stress for anyone who is planning a marriage or those who already tied the knot.

Many couples have basic questions about the marriage green card process. At Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A., we can handle all aspects of the marriage green card process from start to finish. Our team will guide you through the this journey, so that you can focus on your big day.

To understand the process, you need to realize what a marriage green card does. The marriage green card allows the spouse of a U.S. citizen or green card holder (LPR) to stay in the United States on a permanent basis. The marriage green card also allows the spouse to live and work anywhere in the United States. A green card holder can continue to reside in the United States based on their permanent residency, with the option of ultimately applying for citizenship to the United States. However, a green card holder cannot apply to become a United States citizen until three years after they obtain their LPR status.

Generally, the marriage green card process happens in one of four different ways:
1. Spouse is living abroad and married to a U.S. citizen;
2. Spouse is living abroad and married to a U.S. Green Card Holder (LPR);
3. Spouse is living in the United States and married to a U.S. Green Card Holder (LPR);
4. Spouse is living in the United States and married to a U.S. citizen.

The CG Immigration Team is ready to help your spouse obtain a green card through marriage. We have the knowledge and expertise necessary to get the job done. My wedding took months to plan, and we could not have been happier on our big day. Let us help you get the results you want by calling and scheduling a consultation. We would love to help you, and your significant other successfully navigate through the United States immigration system.


If you need assistance in getting a green card through marriage contact our office at (601)-948-8005 or our 24-hour line at (601)-927-8430 to schedule an appointment. Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. Immigration Team offers an array of immigration legal services for clients all over the United States. Our legal team speaks English as well as Spanish and Punjabi. Contact a Mississippi immigration attorney today, we are here for you.

Recommended Posts

No comment yet, add your voice below!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.